In order to participate in the Cloud Robotics Hackathon one gathering per city is allowed. If you want to register your city and organize a gathering, please fill the registration form.
You must follow these rules and guidelines:
- RobotShop will provide the teams with:
- A DFRobtoshop Rover (for the team to keep!)
- A USB host shield (ADK compatible) or a selection of compatible sensors. Teams must have their project approved before February 18th in order for RobotShop to provide the materials.
- There will be power-bars, WiFi Internet connection and basic tools available in limited quantities for the present teams
- Teams can bring their components tools and robots but must develop something new at the Hackathon, presenting old robots with no new additions or extra functionality will not be accepted.
- Teams can use any programming environment or language they prefer.
- No remote-controlled “robots”. This is not an R/C hackathon, your robots need to be at least partially autonomous.
- You can work on your project idea and gather materials or resources previous to the event, but we expect that most of the project will be coded during the Hackathon.
- Your project must feature collaboration between robots or devices using the MyRobots.com web service.
- In order to speed-up judging of your projects, we ask that you create a short video demoing your results and upload it to YouTube (or a similar site).
If you are lacking inspiration, you can use the projects ideas below. Remember, if you want to be eligible to get a free DFRobotShop Rover and additional materials, you need to register your idea before February 18th.
- Emotion transfer: Convert status messages from one robot into emotional responses on another robot. For instance if robot A says “I’m Happy”, robot B could make a happy move and sound. This could be used by two distant human friends to share their current emotions.
- Use cloud-based speech-to-text to give commands to a robot via an android device through MyRobots.com.
- Make a chatbot that uses speech-to-text to communicate and keeps eye contact with the user. The robot should update its MyRobots.com status in order communicate it is busy chatting and log statistics about conversation length, person talking, etc.
- Cellphone robot using cloud-computing to understand speech, text-to-speech, and web services to play a text-based adventure game with a human in a more natural way than typing and clicking. Save the game progress to MyRobots.com
RobotShop will provide a free DFRobtoshop Rover to the teams along with some accessories in order to complete your projects.
When subscribing, please indicate which of the following combos would better suit your project: